- Educate citizens about environmental conditions, threats and opportunities in the Fox River Watershed.
- Manage Outreach Education operations. This includes staff, equipment, communications, scheduling, financing, data management and field procedures.
- Manage educational displays, activities, scheduling and presentations at events.
- Develop/improve formal Outreach Education programs/curricula as needed.
- Develop and implement informal education programs and curricula at Schweitzer Environmental Center (S.E.C.). This includes Watershed Academy (informal adult environmental education) programming and development of an Education Advisory Council (AKA Education Think Tank).
- Engage School District 300 staff in expanding SEC useage.
Gary Swick, Chair
Gary Mechanic, Watershed Academy (community education programs)
Doug Williamson, Advisory Council
Jennifer Howard, Media development
Meghan Yancey, Lead Outreach Educator
Jennifer Schmidt Stoner
The Education Committee meets on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 5 p.m. at the Schweitzer Environmental Center
We are always looking for environmental educators experienced in formal, and informal educational settings.
Gary Swick – email email@example.com