- Educate citizens about environmental conditions, threats and opportunities in the Fox River Watershed.
- Manage the Fox River Watershed Monitoring Network operations. This includes staff, equipment, communications, scheduling, financing, data management and field procedures.
- Manage educational displays, activities, scheduling and presentations at events.
- Develop/improve formal Outreach Education programs/curricula as needed.
- Develop and implement informal education programs and curricula at Schweitzer Environmental Center (S.E.C.). This includes our new Watershed Academy (informal adult environmental education) programming and development of an Education Advisory Council (AKA Education Think Tank).
Gary Swick, Chair
Gary Mechanic, Watershed Academy
Doug Williamson, Advisory Council
Jennifer Howard, Media development
Open seat – Outreach Educators
Open seats – Community Members
The Education Committee meets on the 3rd Thursday of each month from 4 pm to 5:30 pm at S.E.C.
We are always looking for environmental educators experienced in formal, and informal educational settings.
Gary Swick – email firstname.lastname@example.org